top of page

They are gone from our sight... but never our memory,

gone from our hearing... but never our hearts,

gone from our touch... but their presence is felt,

and the love that they gave us never departs.


Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to the Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water, and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from you heart.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together........


09/02/08 - 05/03/12


Bubbles suddenly started jaundicing and didn't want to eat or drink. He was very quiet and didn't do much of any thing (even getting to the litter was a challenge for him. An autopsy could have been preformed at the University of Guelph but the cost to do it is incredibly high and many times the results come back inconclusive. Bubble's heart was strong... he fought even after the injection was given to put him to sleep. His little heart just kept going... but he was not really responsive the last few hours he was alive... he was affected neurologically it seemed... all four paws clenched tight and nails out. Every so often he would start to cry... which made me cry... and even though I had given him some Metacam to help with the pain he was in, so he could pass away here cuddling with me, it didn't seem to help much. I just couldn't sit here while he was in discomfort so I made the decision to have him euthanized. There was no coming back from where he was... I knew the chances of survival were slim but I did the sub q fluids, Clavaseptin, long acting pen g injection, tube feeding, cool bath/ice packs because of the fever (104)... I even nebulized last night as a last attempt to save him. What ever this was took him down hard and fast. My heart still breaks and I will always wonder what happened to my baby Bubbles. 


09/02/08 - 05/03/12


We made the very difficult decision to let Lily go in peace during a routine spay surgery after our vet discovered that she had Intestinal Lymphoma (cancer of the intestines). Lily had lost quite a bit of weight but we figured it was due to her constant cycling which is why we decided to have her spayed. She was just a wonderful girl and her favorite thing to do (aside from sleeping in the sun) was to chase after the lazor pointer, going up and down the hall. She was also the most wonderful mom. Always so happy when she would have her kittens - so PROUD. She would even take on the other cats kittens at times, trying to make them her own. We will miss you dearly sweet Lily. XoXoXo

(The below photo was taken only two days before Lily went to the Rainbow Bridge)


05/23/11 - 10/11/11


Magic will always have a very special place in my heart. He was my "baby" and would spend much of his time cradled in my arms. I knew Magic was different, despite being "healthy" at each vet check. Being his human mom, and watching his behavior day in and day out, I could tell that some thing just was not right. We never did let any one adopt him because of this. Magic was mentally "different". Often confused. He couldn't seem to understand how to chew dry kitten food, so we had him on an all raw diet (which he LOVED). Unfortunately, Magic would often bite and it was never on purpose, as he would be purring when ever he did it. He just didn't understand. I decided to have an x-ray done which showed a spinal deformity which caused a wider opening at the base of his neck. This allowed an accumulation of fluid to sit there and cause pressure on his brain - a form of hydrocephalus. Could Magic live a long life but just be "different"? Yes! Could this be fatal? The unfortunate answer was yes and sadly this was the more likely scenario. We kept Magic with us and we felt he was doing quite well. Due to the huge stress that can be caused by not neutering him, we scheduled his neuter appointment. Sadly, before he was able to be neutered, we found Magic in the nursery just laying there, with a distant look in his eyes. He began to pant, and put his head flat against his back. I rushed him to the vets, as quick as I could, crying the entire way. When we arrived the vet said that Magic was almost gone. An aneurism had burst, causing his death. I was told that there was not a thing I could have done - but I was still beyond devastated. My heart was breaking. I will never forget this wonderful baby boy - being different just made him that much more special. And one thing he always knew how to do was LOVE.

(The below photo was taken about a week before Magic's death)


10/06/08 - 08/04/11


Our loveable boy Jube was a real character. lol. I laugh just thinking about him. He was always so playful and the way he did things was just FUNNY. He had the largest, most expressive eyes. Unfortunately Jube arrived at Heart'nsoul in pretty bad condition. The entire time he was here we did all that we could to strengthen his immune system, trying many different options (medication, homeopathic, vitamins and herbs, raw diet). Although he seemed to improve, it was never for long or that much. We were so excited when he began to turn around. I cannot even put into words just how happy we were! We booked his neuter surgery as we were quite sure that he would be able to find a loving forever home since he had been doing so well! It was a shock to walk into his room to find that he had passed away during the night. I was distraught, in shock and just devastated. I went for a drive, so the kids didn't see mommy cry. Ironically, as I turned the van on, the song "Thank You" by Johnny Reid JUST started. I really feel that it was a message... I know it sounds silly, but I really do. I wasn't thinking but buried Jube without first having an autopsy done. However, my vets best guess was that Jube's heart just couldn't hold out any longer and finally just stopped. RIP silly boy!


04/16/2005 - 01/27/11


We were so incredibly lucky to have the chance to meet Ray. He was one of the nicest quality Persians I had ever seen! The stocky build on him, strong boning, huge head. He was really a wonderful boy. But his super sweet personality was what really made him special. You could do any thing with him and he would not fuss at all. Unfortunately, less than a year after his arrival (at 5 years of age) Ray was diagnosed with effusive FIP. He arrived with the larger, distended abdomen however we just felt it was "him". He was built like a tank. My vet believes that Ray's FIP "lay dormant" and was set off due to the stress of flying and going to a new home. He was with us for a short time but will never be forgotten!


07/29/08 - 05/05/09


Our first EVER chocolate Persian. We were IN LOVE. Boode was so sweet, always wanting to be loved. We adored her and were so excited to have her as our FIRST breeding queen. She never really grew and always had a distended abdomen. We ran many tests but she was always given a clean bill of health. Finally when Boode was 8 months old, I got an appointment at my clinic to see Dr. Julie Boutin (who I had never used at the clinic before) and she immediately had her suspicions about FIP. I was heart broken because I knew what that meant. She extracted the text book frothy yellow fluid from her abdomen and we knew then that Boode had effusive FIP. We had them take out as much fluid as they could which allowed Boode the weekend to spend with us. Unfortunately she ended up getting really sick quickly after that and on the Monday we made the tough decision to let her go.

bottom of page